Types of WartsWarts are a type of skin infection, caused when upper layers of the skin are exposed to the human papillomavirus (HPV) by direct or indirect contact. They usually present as raised bumps on the surface of the skin, and can be rough or smooth, many or few – some types may also have black dots on the surface.
- Common warts mostly occur on the hands and arms, especially where skin is damaged by biting or picking with nails that can carry the virus.
- Foot warts, or plantar warts, are usually found on the bottoms of the feet in clusters of flat and rough bumps. Walking on plantar warts can be very painful and directs the warts to grow inward, causing more discomfort.
- Flat warts are the smaller, smoother wart variety that usually appears in large groups of 20 to 100 growths. Many people may have these without realizing that they have warts, since they are lighter in color and do not protrude from the skin.
Wart Treatment TypesSome of our wart treatments include:
- Cryotherapy, during which liquid nitrogen quickly freezes off infected skin tissue.
- Topical treatments, such as an ointment or cream to be rubbed directly onto the growth.
- Acid peels to remove the infected skin and smooth the rough growth.
- Surgical removal of any warts not responding to other forms of treatment.
Angie D. I’ve been a patient of Dr Beer for over 10 years. His entire staff are all wonderful, professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr Beer for all your Dermatology needs!!
Bibi D Dr. Beer and his staff are incredible. Every time I have been in his office they make me feel very good. They explain everything very clearly and always are asking if I feel OK. I would recommend Dr. Beer he is really good at what he does
Christine I. Dr. Beer is, without a doubt, the most skilled dermatologist I have worked with to help combat the signs of aging. He is caring, understnding and his procedures are painless and sucessful ! It is a plesure to work with him and his exceptional staff.
David G. Dr. Beer and his staff are awesome! I chose him as my dermatologist because of his five star rating and he certainly lived up to my expectations. He and his staff made me very comfortable and answered all of my questions along with providing me the best of care. I am pleased to have such a knowledgeable and respected dermatologist.
Tina S. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Beer and his staff. Dr. Beer is amazing! A true perfectionist! Couldn't be happier! Maria as well as the rest of the staff are also amazing. Always courteous, professional and make every one feel very welcomed.